Please note, the following methods only work if you can login to you Meta Trader 4 Account. If you have forgotten your password you will have to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it to be changed.
While logged into the MT4 Account you wish to change the password for.
In your BlackBull Markets MT4 Manager window press "Ctrl+O", and proceed to Step 3.
In your BlackBull Markets MT4 Platform, and click on “Tools” in the menu bar in the top left-hand corner of the MT4 window.
In the "Tools" drop-down menu click “Options”.
In the "Options" window, please select the “Server” tabs. In the "Server" tab there you will want to click on “Change” on the right-hand side of the window next to the password input field.
A "Change Password" window will open, here you can change your Account password. You can also set/change your investor password (this gives read only access to your account to people who log in using this password). Please note that your password should contain a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers.
After clicking “OK” your password will be changed, and you will need to use your new password the next time you log in to your account.
MT4 is an award winning platform for trading Forex, it is the most widely used trading platform by Forex Traders.
Developed with military grade software security for the quickest most simple trading experience. The MT4 Platform is used by BlackBull Markets to provide access to Forex markets as well as our services to our clients.
BlackBull Markets MetaTrader 4 Server time is based on the industry standard, “5pm New York”. This time is internationally recognised as the day's end in the Forex markets.
As the United States has daylight savings time and the MetaTrader 4 Sever Time does not, this means there will be a change of market open and close times twice a year. In March of every year, the U.S. turns their clocks 1 hour forwards, this can result in an earlier market opening. In November, they do the opposite and turn their clock's backwards 1 hour, this can result in a later market closing.
Depending on your time this may not affect you at all. However, if your time zone is affected by the change, you can visit our Company News page for announcements about day light savings time changes and the specific dates for that year.
The only noticeable change that you will experience is that the Market Watch time in MetaTrader 4 will change to GMT+3 in March, and GMT+2 in November.
When signing into your MT4 Account on BlackBull Markets' MT4 Platform, you will be presented with 3 input fields. These fields are "Login", "Password", and "Server".
If you are logging into a LIve Account you want to select "BlackBullMarkets-Live" as your server, and if you are logging into a Demo Account you want to select "BlackBullMarkets-Demo" as your server.
There are several methods to place trades on MT4, the 3 most common ways are the following
1. When using MetaTrader 4, select which instrument you would wish to trade from the Market Watch Panel, this can be found on the left hand side of the window.
2. Click and drag the instrument into the graph area to the right of the Market Watch window to render the graph for that instrument.
3. In the tool bar above the graph there will be a “New Order” button, click this button to open up the Order window
4. In the Order window there will be options for you to change the currency pair, the lot size and adjust Stop Loss and Take Profit. When the currency pair and settings are at your desired conditions you can place your trade by clicking on the “Sell by Market” or “Buy by Market” buttons.
Yes, BlackBull Markets uses the latest technology available for trading, and as such, our platform MetaTrader 4 does have a ‘One Click’ trading option. ‘One Click’ trading is possible on any instrument in the Market Watch panel which is presented in black text.
1. Once you have decided on and selected a ‘One Click’ compatible instrument, to begin one click trading press either “Atl+T” or right click the graph of the instrument and select “One Click Trading” from the drop down menu.
2. Following this, a one click trading icon will appear in the top left corner of the instrument graph. This will allow you to select ‘lot size’ as well as ‘One click’ buy and sell. The colour of this icon will switch between blue and red in real time, representing the trend of the data. Blue indicates upwards trending and red indicates downward trending
3. Clicking on either BUY or SELL will execute your order at the given lot size. NOTE, YOU WILL NOT BE PROMPTED TO CONFIRM THIS ACTION BEFORE EXECUTING
1. Select the “New Order” button on the tool bar of the MataTrader 4 window.
2. A new Order window will appear. In this window there will be fields available where you can change the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels for the Order you wish to place.
3. When placing a Stop Loss or a Take Profit level the following parameters must be met. On a Buy Order, the Stop Loss level must be placed at a lower price than the Order price, as well as this, the Take Profit level must be placed at a higher price than the Order price. On a Sell Order the Stop Loss level must be placed at a higher price than the Order price, and the Take Profit level must be placed at a lower price than the Order price. Note, you do not need to specify Take Profit or Stop Loss levels in order to execute your trade order.
This may be because you are trying to set the Take profit below a Buy order or above a Sell Order, or because you are trying to set the Stop Loss above a Buy Order or Below a Sell Order.
Please make sure that you are placing your Take Profit levels higher than you Buy Orders and lower than your Sell Orders, and that your Stop Loss levels are lower than your Buy Orders and higher than your Sell Orders.
You can add a Stop Loss or Take Profit order to your open position from the trade terminal within MetaTrader 4 by following the previous instructions.
Trailing Stops on Mt4 trail your stop by a fixed amount of pips decided by you. A trailing stop set on an Open position will only activate after it has moved in your favour by the number of points set for the trailing stop away from the Open price. Essentially once the trailing stop is activated it will be at break even.